The Kamerlengo Fortress, raised on the southwestern angle of the islet on which there is the historic center of Trogir, was built from 1420 to 1437, immediately after the Venetian conquering of Trogir. It was built in the shape of an irregular trapezoid with four towers at its angles, of which the oldest and the largest was built earlier, in the 14th century. Along the walls of the fortress, at the crown, there is a passage from all sides that served guard patrols, with a wooden fence and handholds. The Kamerlengo Fortress is open for visitors and from the largest and oldest tower, there is a spectacular view of Trogir. In the summer, numerous concerts, shows, and film productions take place there.
The St. Mark Tower was built in the 15th century and is situated in the northeastern part of the islet on which there is the historic center of Trogir. It was built in the shape of a circle, with walls of a bent surface; its outer walls were originally entirely washed by the sea. Until the second half of the 20th century, on its ground floor, there was a slaughterhouse and, therefore, this tower is known as Macel (local word for ‘slaughterhouse’).